At the Department of Computer and Information Science the following academic doctoral degrees are awarded:
- Doctor of Natural Sciences (Dr. rer. nat.)
- Doctor of Engineering (Dr.-Ing)
These degrees can be achieved according to different procedures:
- as a member of a department research group, or
- in the context of the Konstanz research school of "Chemical Biology" which was set up as part of the excellence initiative.
- in the context of the Graduate School of Decision Science
In order to be admitted to the doctoral examination procedure you require a mentor from the Department of Computer and Information Science. Please contact the head of the respective research group in this concern.Research Groups
Admission to a PhD program and the doctoral examination procedure is determined by the department’s doctorate committee.
Welcome Centre at the University of Konstanz
Once you are admitted as a PhD student, the following portal will provide informationen and support for you and your family (e.g. accommodation, formalities ...):Welcome Centre