Withdrawal from exams is not possible after the end of the registration period, unless one of these exceptions applies:
If you are sick on the day of your examination, you don't need to participate in the exam. To withdraw from the examination, please follow these steps:
- Please visit a doctor of your choice on the day of the exam (or earlier) so that he or she can determine your inability to participate in the exam and issue a corresponding medical certificate.
- Please be aware that we can only accept the official form from the Central Examination Office.
- The medical certificate has to be filled in completely and submitted to the departmental examination office immediately. You can also send it by mail or ask someone else to hand it in for you.
- The medical certificate has to be issued on the day of the examination (before the day of the examination in case of a longer period of sickness). Medical certificates issued at a later date cannot be accepted.
- In case of an oral exam, please also inform your examiner that you will not be able to take part in the exam.
You may be permitted to withdraw from an examination in other special circumstances, i.e. if you cannot attend the exam due to circumstances beyond your control. If this is the case, please contact the departmental examination office immediately and file a request to the Examination Board (please see the templates) providing a detailed explanation for missing the exam. Please include proof. The Examination Board will check your application and inform you of the outcome as soon as possible.