At the Department of Computer and Information Science, the following doctoral degrees are awarded:
- Doctor of Natural Sciences (Dr. rer. nat.)
- Doctor of Engineering (Dr.-Ing)
There are various ways to earn your doctorate:
- by joining a departmental research group,
- as a doctoral researcher in the Konstanz Research School Chemical Biology (KoRS-CB), which was set up in the framework of the Excellence Initiative, or
- as a doctoral researcher in the Graduate School of Decision Sciences.
In order to be admitted to the doctoral examination procedure, you need a supervisor from the Department of Computer and Information Science. Please contact the head of the relevant research group about this.
Admission to a doctoral programme and the doctoral examination procedure is determined by the department’s Doctoral Committee. Please submit the relevant form as well as your doctoral supervision agreement to the departmental office at the beginning of your doctoral studies. You will have full status as a doctoral researcher at the University of Konstanz once you have been admitted.